Harris Teeter is a wholesome food market providing to customers since one can even remember. The fresh, affordable food products are what makes it so genuine amongst the users. This article is listing the things that cover under the Harris Teeter Food Safety section. Since the company is concerned for its customers, they came up with things that users should keep in mind.
Harris Teeter Food Safety Basics
The lack of attention to the basic steps of food preparation can lead to some serious illness. Hence, here are some of the basic Harris Teeter Food Safety Tips that one should learn and follow accordingly.
Always keep the surfaces and products clean by washing for bacteria are everywhere. And keeping things clean is the only way to prevent any kind of illness. Despite all the tests and inspections are done earlier, it is also the consumer’s duty to be sure to handle the food safely. One must be sure to wash hands before and after they handled the food. And also during the other activities like using the bathroom, throwing out the trash, etc. Cleanliness is a must and it is for the safety of costumers and their families.
Don’t try to mix up products that could lead to cross-contamination as it a source of bacteria transfer as per the Harris Teeter Food Safety Program Tips. This could occur if the cutting or utensils or just preparing the food is not handled properly. There is a good chance of such cross-contamination when the customers deal with raw meat, seafood or any such thing. The juices from the meat wash off to other things and if not cleaned it may enter already cooked meal or the items. Customers must follow the steps given below to prevent any kind of cross-contamination.
- Keep a habit to separate the raw meat, seafood, etc from the other items while shopping. Carry these foods in plastic bags to hold their juices from dripping away.
- Place these meats and poultry in plastic bags or containers to prevent the juices to leak in the refrigerator and mix up with other food. Please make sure to store the raw food below the cooked ones to avoid getting the juice drip off. Also, try to keep and store the eggs in the original carton itself for the same.
- It is necessary for the users to wash their hands and the cooking surfaces regularly. The cutting boards, dishes, and countertops must be regularly cleaned to avoid getting bacteria from the raw juices. One can also keep separate cutting boards to avoid such conditions.
All kinds of food have a specific proper temperature according to Harris Teeter Food Safety Program. When given a certain temperate, bacteria can grow rapidly which could be a higher factor to cause any illness. Here are some facts the customers should know before preparing the food.
- The growing temperatures of bacteria are between 40 -140 degrees Fahrenheit. It can double up in around 20 minutes and cause a major illness to everyone in contact. Hence, experts call this the “Danger Zone” range in the food industry. Experts also suggest avoiding keeping the food out of the refrigerator for more than 2 hours or 1 hour in case the temperature is above 90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- One must use a food thermometer in case of cooking meat and poultry to avoid cooking in the wrong temperatures.
- Meals that are cooked earlier must be reheated to a temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Please Note: Check your food thermometer to be accurate to show the correct results.
According to Harris Teetor Food Safety, each and every food product must be refrigerated properly. It is necessary to hold cold food until at least 40 degrees Fahrenheit or below. The freezer on the other hand should be at zero degrees Fahrenheit or below. One must refrigerate the leftovers within 2 hours of timeframe to prevent bacterial invasion. Also, the frozen goods can be placed in the freezer until further use. Here are three ways in which you can easily thaw food.
- Cold Water.
In this article we learned about the Harris Teeter Food Safety and how they make efforts to keep their customers safe. We hope this article was beneficial for you and your family. Also, if you liked this article please write to us in the comment section and share your views. You can also ask us in case of a query and we will get back to you with your answers. Lastly, Thank you for your time, Eat healthily, stay healthy!